To help you meet your membership responsibilities, we’ve outlined the minimum requirements below. Also, please check out the 2014 – 2015 volunteer tracking spreadsheet to see how many hours you’ve logged so far.
- Volunteer time Each family is required to volunteer for 5 hours (2 hours for single-parent families) at any combination of our fundraising events throughout the school year. Volunteer time is on-the-ground work at an event or an alumni callathon, such as set up, break down, phone calls or manning a table. Pre-event activities such as selling tickets, baking items, or distributing posters unfortunately do not count toward the family volunteer requirement, but are greatly appreciated!
- Ticket Sales Each family is required to buy or sell a minimum of 6 event tickets:
- Four tickets to Brooklyn Kids Rock (March 2015, $15 pp) and
- Two tickets to Bite of Brooklyn (June 2015, $65 pp)
- Raffle & Auction Each family is required to donate, procure or sell items totaling $100 in value. You may:
- Donate/procure auction/raffle items, and/or
- Sell raffle tickets For example, you can fulfill the $100 requirement by donating a $50 gift certificate for auction and selling $50 in raffle tickets. Raffles and auctions will take place at Brooklyn Kids Rock and Bite of Brooklyn, both in the Spring. Fulfillment of fundraising responsibilities are tracked throughout the school year and we will keep you abreast of your status at the end of each semester. Please take the time to review your status and let the Fundraising Committee know if you feel you have not been credited for your responsibilities at any time. Families that do not complete their volunteer responsibilities will be required to pay $150. Families that do not fulfill tickets sales or auction/raffle requirements will be required to pay $150, in addition to the value of any missed raffle/auction value and/or ticket purchases.